Friday, May 04, 2007

bloooody.

i touched someone else's blood today.

gp had to remove a massive scc on a fella's back and being the nice dude i was, i helped swab off the blood that was pouring out without wearing gloves. there was so much blood it got on my fingers, under my nails, all over. only having 3 pieces of gauze on hand was not the smartest thing i've ever done. seriously, this is not helping me get over my abject terror of blood. the other day, i went to see a delivery and the smell of blood lingered with me hours after it. i don't know how anyone else does it but don't you feel that the smell of human blood makes you retch.

i don't faint or anything. i'm manly that way. but sometimes it gets to you and after that lunch, dinner etc all tastes like blood. i've been checking my fingers for blood since and it's been 4 hours.

don't get me started with the knives.

No comments: