Tuesday, February 06, 2007

yay.

howdy friends, i'm back. well not really, but i'll just say a few to remind you people of your dear friend you left behind in perth. short of flaming each other, we can only whine about our daily trivial pursuits and mundane achievements. i guess i'll entice you with a short story regarding my exceedingly bimbotic actions.

so last week i wake up in the morning with a weird feeling in my gut. as i got into my car i had this nagging sensation that i had not checked the water levels and engine oil in my car since the last service. i don't know what in the hell possessed me to think that water is self-contained in the radiator and wouldn't evaporate, leak, vanish.. the temperature was not up, but then it was not at '0' as it usually was.

halfway on the way to hospital i notice steam coming out of the side of my car. strange as it seemed, it only appeared to happen when i stopped at the lights. next lights, boom temperature hits dangerous levels and my normally manly balls shrank. called my mechanic he tells me not to drive it anymore otherwise i might be looking at 3k or more in repairs if i blow up the engine.

long story short, i've been taking the bus + train to the hospital for the past week. it's good fun to travel one-and-half hours there and one-and-half hours back and to be at the mercy of wind and rain. thankfully, the only weather i've had to endure is 40-odd degrees of heat and sweltering melanoma-producing sun. so that's me, 2 shades darker, twice as bitter. oh, and by the way, i drag my ass to hospital every day to look at little kids drool over themselves.

awesome.

chinese new year in perth.

3 comments:

gracielau said...

come over to bris and we'll all celebrate CNY together. you know you want to...

Jonathan said...

so whats happened to the car?

tiMo said...

oh i got it fixed. cost me a bomb but it's sexy again now.

grace - i'd like to come but i think i blew enough cash last week. uni beckons.